WELCOME TO FOUR ON THE FOUR: A BLOG ABOUT JAZZ DRUMMING AND ALL THINGS UNRELATED, BROUGHT TO YOU BY JON McCASLIN

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Brian Blade Up Close



A few shots here from a strategically placed camera of Brian Blade playing with Chick Corea and the "Five Peace Band" from a recent performance at the Bluenote:





I've sat at that the exact same table at the Bluenote over the years. For me it was always the perfect vantage point to check out the likes of Elvin Jones, Roy Haynes, Jack DeJohnette, Jeff "Tain" Watts, Lewis Nash, Jeff Ballard and others...

2 comments:

  1. I saw this band with Christian McBride on bass in DC. It was one of the best concerts of my life! So much energy and fire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shot these clips. Thanks for featuring them! Sitting that close to Brian with this band was very intense. I can only imagine seeing the other drummers you list above. We had to move back a bit for the second set to protect the ears. This was such an amazing night of music!

    ReplyDelete